From Smoke Signals to Online Communication: How Businesses Are Adapting
One of the oldest forms of communication recorded in history is the smoke signal. In its time the smoke signal was one of the most effective ways to communicate over long distances. Usually a smoke signal would be a way to transmit news or announce a gathering of people in a common location. Through the advancement of technology, smoke signals have become a thing of the past.
In today’s business world, companies must adapt to new forms of communication. Digital technology has allowed businesses to stay in touch with globally disperse employees, clients and prospects in ways that were previously unheard-of. One way businesses are using technology to stay connected is through Video & Web Conferencing. Video & Web Conferencing gives businesses a competitive advantage by providing their employees, clients and prospects an in-expensive and highly efficient way to stay connected. Here’s how:
- Businesses use web meetings as a customer sales tool. Companies can now conduct product presentations and demonstrations online. This leads to increased sales as prospective clients are able to see and hear how a product works, without either side having to leave their home or office. In addition, when live video feeds are used in the web meeting, a personal touch is added as well.
- Businesses are using web meetings as a customer support tool. Web conferencing can enable a company’s staff to get behind the desk of clients and provide virtual trouble shooting or virtual trainings.
- Businesses use web & video conferencing to save thousands of dollars and sometimes tens of thousands of dollars each month. Through the use of web conferencing, companies can greatly cut down on their travel costs, including fuel costs, hotel stay costs and food costs. Instead of driving or flying to visit employees, clients or prospects, or paying for employees, clients or prospects to visit the company, by using web conferencing, the company can leave everyone where they are and meet online.
- Businesses are using web & video conferencing to increase company-wide productivity. With the elimination of travel, employees no longer have to spend un-productive and wasteful time stuck in traffic, sitting at an airport or staying overnight in hotels. This allows sales representatives, trainers and support staff more productive time in the office.
- Businesses use video & web conferencing to think “outside the box” and remove geographical barriers. The companies and organizations that have adopted web and video conferencing technology are marketing products and services, conducting training and giving support as if all their employees, prospects and clients were working together under one roof. Company meetings, sales meetings, employee training, and product launches are now being conducted with a new twist.
In an exceedingly competitive business environment, companies who institute Video and Web Conferencing are giving themselves a tremendous advantage. By finding new ways to communicate with globally separated employees, clients and prospects, they are able to improve overall efficiency, cut back costs, improve their bottom line and create a much more engaged work environment.
Categories: Online Communication